Hello family and friends!
We wanted to create a place for those who we don't get to talk to on a regular basis to know what's going on with us and our baby!
Right now I'm almost 11 weeks along....morning (or I should say 'all day') sickness seems to finally be tapering off but not completely gone yet. I'm really looking forward to this part being over and getting some energy back! Doesn't seem to matter how much I sleep, I could probably fall asleep at any point during the day if I gave myself the chance.
We've had one doctor's appointment so far, about a week and a half ago. Basically just a visit to go over my history and all the appointments and tests I'll have in the next few months. No exam other than blood pressure which was sort of disappointing, but we go for our first ultrasound tomorrow! We can't wait to see and maybe hear our baby!!
The office we are going to has 8 OB/GYNs and 7 midwives. We will see the same midwife for our first two visits then we can choose between seeing the doctors or staying with the midwife side of the practice. We've heard amazing things from several people about all of the midwives and plan on going that route. We really like how they take the time to get to know us and establish a personal relationship with us.
Oh, our due date in April, either 20th or 21st - ultrasound will tell us the date tomorrow. I think it's going to be April 21st since all of my immediate family members were born on days that are multiples of 7 - Katherine 7th, Mom 14th, Amanda 21st, Dad 28th - and even though Tim was born on 11/4, (11-4=7) we were married on 7/7/07. Just my theory :)
What a great idea! Thanks so much for posting this - we are so looking forward to hearing your updates as baby bear progresses. Love you - Aunt Andrea
ReplyDeletewooooohooooo!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited that you are thinking of choosing a midwife. I think that's an awesome idea. Did you know both me and my sister were born with midwives at home? anyways, my mom is getting certified to be a doula (a birth coach basically) and has tons of awesome books if you need any thing cool to read! i bet (grandma) mary has a lot too though.
yay! so excited
Midwives are so awesome! there is a wonderful documentary that was done by- ?? who was it Erin?? about birthing w/ midwives. And yes, I sure do have a lot for you and Tim to read. Both mainstream and a bit more low tech. hearing the heartbeat is just about the most amazing thing ever :) better even than picture IMHO. Can't wait to hear tomorrow. love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteTo piggyback on something Erin said, doulas can be great! Neither a nurse nor a midwife, they are volunteers who are there not so much for the baby - plenty are there for that! They are there primarily for YOU. A good one can really help insulate you from the craziness and excitement of others during labor and birthing. They help in many other ways that I'm sure Erin knows much more about, but a friend of mine is one and it sounds like such a great program.
ReplyDeleteJust watched the Business of Being Born last night. Thanks for the suggestion! It was really interesting and I'm now thinking a lot more about the whole birth process and liking that we'll be working with a midwife.
ReplyDelete