June 15, 2010

Smiles!!

Isabelle has started smiling (she's been smiling for a while) long enough for us to capture it! Every time she smiled and I reach for my camera or cell phone to take a picture, it was gone or my camera or phone didn't take the picture fast enough to get it. Well, finally we've been able to make her smile by saying things in silly voices and actually get a smile! I think she might have my smile :)

Such a happy baby!


Finally found a way to carry her around that both of us like. I first tried a sling carrier and she screamed every time I tried to put her in it (promptly returned to Amazon). Then I tried a Maya Wrap (ring sling) and she actually seems pretty content to be in it! (I was really excited to find one on Craigslist for less $.) When I put her in facing me, tummy-to-tummy, she falls asleep pretty quickly. The instruction video that came with it said that babies need to have good head control to be in the 'kangaroo hold'. 6 weeks old is a little earlier than the video suggested but she's been holding her head up so well and likes to look around so I decided to try it out and she loved it! It's so nice to be able to walk around and get things done when she wants to be held. I like being able to carry her around so I can talk to her while she checks out all the things around her. (I know the picture makes it look like the sling is chocking her - it wasn't. The top edge was loose enough so she could breathe normally.)

2 comments:

  1. So cute and I love her bright eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love my maya wrap! I have one of those and a Babyhawk mei tai. They are both awesome carriers and I'm glad you are loving your maya wrap! Isabelle looks like she's enjoying it too.

    ReplyDelete